You want your ornaments to be even more special this Christmas and your children like crafting with you? Here is the perfect idea for all of you: make together salt dough ornaments! And it is so simple and inexpensive! Here is how!
You will need:
2 Cups Flour
1 Cup Salt
1 Cup Water
How to make it:
- You will put everything in a bowl. then you will mix using a mixer or… your hands! You can add a little more flour or water if you need. The result must be a soft dough that will not crack!
- Roll a part of your dough, by placing it between 2 sheets of parchment paper, until it’s about 1/4 inches.
- Using Christmas cookie cutters, cut the dough into the shapes your children like! Tip: dip your cookie cutter in some flour before cutting the dough. It will prevent it from attaching to the cutter.
- Put them on parchment paper on a trey. Use a straw to make a small hole on the top of them so that you can hang your dough ornaments on the Christmas tree later.
- Bake them in the oven at 130 degrees Celsius for about 2 1/2 hours. The low temperature will prevent them from making bubbles.
- After removing them from the oven, decorate as you wish. You and your kids can paint them in any colors you want, use twine and glitter and ornate them as you wish!